On Getting a Tattoo

12:35 PM Mallory Nicole 0 Comments

"...for many of us (tattoos) are deeply personal, extremely important daily reminders of who we are, where we come from, who we have loved, where we have been, and 
who we aspire to be." -Lisa Congdon

 I saw this quote and loved it, because that is exactly how I feel about my tattoo. I had an idea for a tattoo for 7 years; at one point it was going to be "hope," at another it was going to be in elvish (LOTR geek here), but then I settled on "love" written in my own handwriting. I was 25. Weeks before I found out I was pregnant with Soren.

This tattoo isn't a representation of romantic love. It is there to remind me that Jesus loves me deeply, that I'm called to love everyone in the same way, and that I fail at it all of the time. Love isn't limited to your friends, or the poor, or orphans and widows. It's for those you just don't connect with, those who bully, murders, terrorists. I need to be reminded everyday.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: